Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DEHUMANIZED


Its 3:30 am and i cant sleep, thoughts keep running in my head.. so I sit up from my bed and write it all down..
I keep wondering as I write, so scared that it might be true.. so I decide to ask you!

......................................................................................................................
DEHUMANIZED

No longer I see tears rolling down the cheeks
No longer I see fear in the eyes

The news flashes a million times
The death toll rises by the minute
And suddenly someone says,
“Just 10? That’s too less, that place is very crowded”
A shiver runs down my spine 
still in silence I reside
No longer I see tears rolling down the cheeks
No longer I see fear in the eyes

A normal drill to see the loved ones are safe,
And then we go back to our own lives,
People say move on, this too shall pass & that life should go on
And in a few days, the headlines become the background score,
The treading topic is now history,
The talk of town changes, everything changes
And in a few months we all learn to ignore...

It happens over and over again,
Every time the same game, every time the same drill,
It becomes so common that ‘just 10 people dead’ is no longer bad
It no longer affects you...
You know your loved ones are fine,
You crib about the government for a while,
And there the story ends.

No longer I see tears rolling down the cheeks
No longer I see fear in the eyes
A shiver runs down my spine
Are we all being so DEHUMANIZED??


pray for peace
......................................................................................................................
___just me___

3 comments:

  1. True, every word, every line. Every thought of this runs a chill down your spine and gives u a constant feeling, "Next could be me!" :( It is aptly said which I read somewhere, " A single death is a tragedy whereas a thousand deaths, just a statistic!"

    Loved reading the poem, brought out the feeling which everyone is sharing in common right now! Well done Yesh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice thoughts yesha.. even i experienced something of the same kind yesterday..!! We really are DEHUMANIZING..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the feedback.. m glad to to knw that everyone shares the same grief. all i cn say is please, pray for peace! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete